MFS Intermediate Income Trust’s board of directors announced a regular monthly dividend of $0.02 per share ($0.25 annualized) on June 1, 2023. The previous dividend paid was also $0.02 per share.
To qualify for the dividend, shares must be purchased before the ex-dividend date of June 13, 2023. Shareholders of record on June 14, 2023, will receive the payment on June 30, 2023.
With the current stock price of $2.85 per share, the dividend yield is 8.92%. Over the past five years, taking a weekly sample, the average dividend yield has been 9.21%, with the lowest being 8.70% and the highest being 10.20%. The standard deviation of yields is 0.28 (n=196).
The current dividend yield is 1.03 standard deviations below the historical average.
The company’s 3-Year dividend growth rate is -0.23%.
Learn to Harvest Dividends
The process of harvesting dividends involves buying stock, capturing the dividend, selling the stock, and repeating the process. You can easily do it with Fintel’s Dividend Capture Calendar.
What is the Fund Sentiment?
As of the last quarter, 102 funds or institutions reported positions in MFS Intermediate Income Trust, representing a 6.25% increase of six owners. The average portfolio weight of all funds dedicated to MIN is 0.10%, which is a 62.45% increase. The total shares owned by institutions rose by 3.14% in the last three months to 53,661K shares.
What are Other Shareholders Doing?
Some of the notable shareholders in MFS Intermediate Income Trust, according to recent filings, include:
- Sit Investment Associates increased its portfolio allocation in MIN by 2.32% over the last quarter, holding 19,626K shares. It reported owning 18,661K shares in its prior filing, indicating a 4.92% increase.
- 1607 Capital Partners LLC decreased its portfolio allocation in MIN by 4.43% over the last quarter, holding 10,325K shares. It reported owning 11,114K shares in its prior filing, indicating a 7.65% decrease.
- Allspring Global Investments Holdings LLC decreased its portfolio allocation in MIN by 3.85% over the last quarter, holding 8,049K shares. It reported owning 8,153K shares in its prior filing, indicating a 1.29% decrease.
- Karpus Management increased its portfolio allocation in MIN by 2.36% over the last quarter, holding 4,130K shares. It reported owning 3,757K shares in its prior filing, indicating a 9.02% increase.
- Invesco CEF Income Composite ETF (PCEF) decreased its portfolio allocation in MIN by 1.72% over the last quarter, holding 1,457K shares. It reported owning 1,435K shares in its prior filing, indicating a 1.52% increase.
MFS Intermediate Income Trust Background Information
(This description is provided by the company.)
MFS® Intermediate Income Trust is a taxable closed-end bond fund that has an investment grade and seeks high current income. Capital appreciation may also be considered.
This story originally appeared on Fintel.
The opinions and views expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.